The Collingswood Farmers’ Market in Collingswood, New Jersey, is just over the Philadelphia bridges on the Jersey side and is open every Saturday from 8am to noon, from May to Thanksgiving, rain or shine. This market was recently voted “America’s Favorite Market” in a contest hosted by American Farmland Trust. The market offers a wide variety of vendors with a little something for everyone.
When visiting the market you will see many of the same families every weekend. For many it has become a family tradition to get up early on a Saturday and visit the market, socialize with neighbors and pick-up their produce for the week. There is almost always live music and often cooking demonstrations from local chefs using fresh Jersey produce.
At the market you will find:
• Jersey Fresh vegetables and fruits from several farms/orchards
• Conventional and certified Organic produce
• Farm made fruit & veggie pies
• Poultry pot pies
• Family-farm cheeses from PA
• Lamb and beef, whole free range chickens and eggs
• Fruit preserves, jams and butters
• Whole grain bakery specialties
• Sweet bakery treats
• Authentic European-style breads
• Jersey Grown potted herbs, plants, & cut flowers
• Annual and perennial bedding plants
• NJ greenhouse-grown landscaping plants
• Local beekeepers with several varieties of honey and bee products
• Gourmet fresh baked dog treats
• Handmade natural herbal soaps
Market visitors can sit in the café areas and enjoy a hot or cold cup of java and indulge in warm breakfast sandwiches or waffles. You will often find children hanging out under the overpass in the shade, drawing with sidewalk chalk and enjoying the live music.
The Collingswood Farmers’ Market has become more than just a place to buy the freshest local produce, it “has become an established part of the social fabric of the community.”
Collingswood Farmers’ Market
713 North Atlantic Ave.
Collingswood, NJ, 08108
Submitted by Bobbie of My Mama Runs, a blog about a mother of three trying to keep it healthy from the kitchen to the gym.
Don't be shy! We'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment if you have anything to add to this post. Got questions? Leave those in the comments too. We'd be happy to answer them.